Member recipe by tobyanscombe
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Biscuits
This recipe was kindly given to me by the head pastry chef, Mark Mitson, at The Blakeney Hotel in Norfolk, where they are served in the bar with drinks, but only if you get there early enough, because they disappear in a flash.
- 15g/1oz shelled, unsalted pistachio nuts
- 40g/1ÃÂ½oz strong white flour, sifted
- 40g/1ÃÂ½oz unsalted butter, diced
- 40g/1ÃÂ½oz freshly grated parmesan
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Equipment and preparation: A large baking sheet, lightly greased.
- Start by chopping the pistachio nuts in a mini chopper quite small. Then mix them with all the remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Rub the ingredients together until the mixture starts to form fairly large clumps, then press the mixture against the side of the bowl to bring it together.
- Now transfer the dough to a board and knead lightly, then roll into a sausage shape about 18cm/7in long and wrap and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. After that slice the chilled log into discs about 0.5cm/ÃÂ½in wide and spread them out on the baking sheet.
- Then pop them in the oven on the centre shelf and bake for 13-15 minutes, until they start to go golden around the edges. When they are cooked, transfer them to a wire rack to cool and store in an airtight tin.