- 200g new potato, thickly sliced
New potatoes have thin, wispy skins and a crisp, waxy texture. They are young potatoes and…
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g green bean, trimmed
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, leaves separated and washed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 anchovies in olive oil, drained well
Silver, slender salty little fish found mainly around the Black Sea and the Pacific and Atlantic…
- 197g can tuna steak in spring water, drained
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and the eggs, and cook for 7 mins. Scoop the eggs out of the pan, tip in the green beans and cook for a further 4 mins. Drain the potatoes, beans and eggs in a colander under cold running water until cool. Leave to dry.
Peel the eggs and cut into quarters. Arrange the lettuce leaves in 2 shallow bowls. Scatter over the beans, potatoes, tomatoes and egg quarters. Pat the anchovies with kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil and place on top.
Flake the tuna into chunks and scatter over the salad. Mix the mayonnaise and 1 tbsp cold water in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle over the salad and serve.