Chicken escalopes scaloppina
Member recipe by helenseamer
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts each cut horizontally into 2 escalopes
- 100g plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 3 tbsp lemon juice mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 1 - 2 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
- Flatten the meat between 2 large sheets of cling film, to make it very thin. Put the flour in a shallow dish and season. Coat each piece of meat in the seasoned flour.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and butter until very hot. Lay the meat in the pan and brown on each side over a high heat. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Pour over the lemon juice and water. Simmer on a low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Season; sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.