Member recipe by chizylass
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Slices
- 225g butter,softened (Plus extra for greasing)
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder (Plus extra for dusting)
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp instant coffee powder, dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water
- 115g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 55g butter, softened
- 3 tbsp milk
- 175g icing sugar
- Grease and line the bottom of a shallow 28x18 cm. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa into a bowl and add the butter, caster sugar, eggs and coffee. Beat well, by hand or wiht an eletric whisk, until smooth, then spoon into the tin and smooth the top.
- Bake in a preheated ove, 180'C,350'F/Gas Mark 4, for 35-40 minutes or until risen and firm. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, the turn out onto a wire rack, peel off the lining paper and cool completly. To make the frosting, place the chocolate, butter and milk in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Remove the bowl from the pan and sift the icing sugar. Beat ubtil smooth, then spread over the cake. Dust the top of the cake with sifted cocoa, then cut into squares.