- 8 pork sausages
- 100ml balsamic vinegar
True Balsamic vinegar is an artisan product from Modena, in Emilia Romagna, Italy, and is made…
- 100g soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- 140g mixed dried vine fruit, such as currants, raisins and sultana
- 1 red cabbage, about 800g/1lb 12oz, shredded
A favourite winter vegetable served hot with roasted game birds but equally good as a colourful…
- 4 beetroot, about 350g/12oz, grated
A favourite in 1970's British salads (served cooked and pickled in vinegar), beetroot is a…
- 4 chunks of baguette and English mustard, to serve
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the sausages on a baking tray and cook for 30-35 mins or until cooked through and golden.
Meanwhile, put the vinegar, sugar, cumin and dried fruit into a large pan and gently heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, then bubble for 3 mins or until slightly reduced. Tip in the cabbage and beetroot, stir well, then cook for 10 mins more.
Serve as hot dogs in a baguette with the warm slaw and a little mustard.