Pork & fennel burgers with fennel slaw
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 8 good-quality pork sausages
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ½ onion , thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel , thinly sliced
- 4 bread rolls, split in half
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Snip the tops off the sausages and squeeze the meat out into a bowl. Stir in the fennel seeds, chilli flakes and half the zest, then shape into 4 patties. Place the burgers on a baking sheet and cook for 25-30 mins until golden and cooked through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, mix the remaining zest and juice with the mayo and seasoning, then stir in the onion and fennel. Leave to stand while the burgers finish cooking.
- STEP 3
Place a burger in each roll with some slaw, serving any extra on the side.