Chicken Breast with Cider
Member recipe by new_zealand_honey_co
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 knob of butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 dessert apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 200ml Merrydown Vintage Dry Cider
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 75ml double cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rice, pasta or steamed new potatoes to serve
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan and fry the chicken breasts about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. (NB: They will not be completely cooked at this stage.)
- Add a little more oil and butter if necessary and add the shallots and apple slices. Fry over a medium/high heat until they begin to colour and soften, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cider, bring to the boil and simmer for about 3Ã¢ÂÂ4 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and continue to simmer, uncovered, for another 5Ã¢ÂÂ7 minutes. Stir in the mustard and double cream and heat through.
- Check to make sure the chicken is done and season the sauce with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve with rice, pasta or steamed new potatoes.