Member recipe by dlamorna
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Cakes
Easy to make delicious coconut cupcakes that go perfect with a cup of english tea and a sprinkling of sugar.
- 100g Self raising flour
- 80g Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 Egg
- 50ml Sunflower oil
- 100ml Coconut milk
- 20g chopped strawberries (optional)
- 15g chopped almonds (optional)
- 10g grated creamed coconut (optional)
- 8 Cupcake cases
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place cupcake cases in muffin tin or tray and set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl and combine together.
- In a seperate bowl add the egg, sunflower oil, coconut milk and the grated creamed coconut (if you are using) and whisk together.
- Pour the coconut milk, egg and oil mixture into the bowl that contains the flour, sugar and bicarbonate of soda. Whisk together until pale and slightly runny. If your mixture appears a bit too thick, keep adding a little coconut milk until a slightly runnier consistency.
- Fold in strawberries and almonds (or any other ingredient similar that you wish to add) into the cupcake mixture.
- Using a metal spoon, pour 2 tbsp (or until a little bit over halfway full) into the cupcake case. Repeat until all cases are finished and put into the oven.
- After 15 minutes of cooking, take out and sprinkle a pinch of sugar onto the top of cupcakes. If you are using creamed coconut, grate a small amount over the top aswell, and then place back into the oven for a further 5 minutes.