- ½ small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
Like Marmite, fennel is something that you either love or hate - its strong aniseed flavour…
- 1 green-skinned apple, cored, quartered and sliced
Grown in temperate regions, apples are one of the most widely cultivated tree fruits. There are…
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 100g baby beetroot in mild vinegar, drained and quartered
A favourite in 1970's British salads (served cooked and pickled in vinegar), beetroot is a…
- 140g skinless hot-smoked trout fillets
Farmed rainbow trout has pretty, spotty skin…
- small bunch dill, fronds removed
- 2 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
Horseradish root is larger than an ordinary radish, and has a hot, peppery flavour.
Put the fennel in a shallow serving dish and scatter over the apple, spring onions and beetroots. Flake the trout into chunky pieces and arrange on top. Sprinkle with half the dill fronds. Finely chop the remaining fronds and reserve.
Mix the yogurt and horseradish with 1 tbsp cold water, then stir in the reserved dill. Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss very lightly. Spoon over the remaining dressing and serve.