Corned Beef Pasties
Member recipe by charl91
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Pasties
Flakey, golden pastry with a smooth but flavour full filling and so easy to make!
- - 2 packs ready to roll puff pastry
- - 1 can corned beef
- - 2 large (3 medium) potatoes
- - 2 tbsp butter
- - salt and pepper
- - 1 beaten egg
- - Greaseproof paper
- - Flat baking tray
- Peel and cut up potatoes and boil until soft. Finely dice them and finely dice the corned beef. Heat the butter in a frying pan until melted and add the corned beef and potato. Warm through for 5-10 mins and then mash up. (Roughly. You do not need it completely smooth! Can leave it as a chunky as preferred) Add salt and pepper and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200degrees. Roll out the pastry to approx 2mm thickness. Cut around a small side plate or saucer (approx 6"). Fill one half of the circle with the mixture leaving a margin around the edge. With a pastry brush paint egg around the margin and close the pasty by folding the other half of the circle over. Seal shut by crimping (pushing down with your finger tips) all the way around the edges.
- Place the finished pasty on a lined baking tray and brush the top with more egg. NB: You do not need to prick holes.
- I have been told you can't re-roll puff pastry, but I can't see waste, so I did and it all turned out fine! So, repeat as many times as you can and then scrunch all your leftovers together, re-roll and cut out as many more as you can! I managed 10, depending on the size of your cut outs you may get more or less.
- Bake until golden brown (approx 20 mins) and then leave to cool on a wire rack. These are just as yummy cold the next day as they are warm, fresh from the oven!