peppercorn sauce recipe
Member recipe by silva1210
try my guaranteed tasty peppercorn sauce recipe! perfect for steaks!!
- 3 shallots - finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black peppercorns
- 60 ml of brandy
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- splash worcester sauce
- 200 ml single cream
- splash of oxo concentrated liquid beef stock,
- or crumble half a stock cube
- good knob of butter
- splash olive oil
- salt to taste if required
- heat up a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat, then add a splash of olive oil and the butter
- add the shallots and garlic and sautee until they start to turn light golden brown
- . add the peppercorns, splash worcester sauce and the mustard, stir everything around and cook for 30 seconds
- .add the brandy, allow to heat up for a couple of seconds, then stand back and ignite the vapours with a match.
- .allow the flames to die down on their own and burn off all the alcohol. it is very important to flambee the brandy as the syrupy liquid thats left will thicken your sauce.
- add the cream and a small splash of the liquid stock to taste, then mix everyhting through.
- .let the sauce bubble away and reduce slightly for 2 or 3 mins and VOILA!!