Sweet Potato & Feta Salad
Member recipe by debbieharryxxx
The word creamy and indulgent is not usually associated with the word salad...but this glorious combination of nutty, sweet and salty is a truly tasty treat
- 1 sweet potato (peeled, and chopped into even sized slices)
- 100g of feta cheese
- salad leaves
- cherry tomato's
- red onion (if desired)
- chopped/slivered almonds (30g)
- 2tsp of chili powder
- 2tspground cinnamon
- good olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Turn on the grill-full heat, then peel and chop the sweet potato into slices, similar in thickness. Place on the grill and coat in, olive oil, spices and a little salt and pepper. These should cook in about 4-5 minutes, then turn them over and repeat until soft.
- Meanwhile, chop the tomato, cucumber and onion. cover in balsamic vinegar.
- Chop up the feta cheese into chuncks, or crumble if you prefer!
- Once the sweet potato is cooked through, and slightly cooled, throw everything together, then sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Serve and enjoy :)