Ricotta and Lemon Cake
Member recipe by ela1985
- 250g ricotta
- 175g soft butter
- 165g sugar
- 125g self raising flour
- Ground peel of 3 lemons
- 3 eggs
- Tablespoon baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 1800c, gas mark 4, 1600C for convection oven.
- Spread some margerine on an 18cm diameter cake tin, and sprinkle flour lightly on it.
- Sieve the flour and add the baking powder.
- In a bowl, rub in the butter and sugar, until the mixture becomes creamy. Use an electric beater for good results.
- Add the egg yolks and beat well until it becomes foamy. Add this to the ricotta. Mix well with your hands.
- Start adding flour, little by little, mixing well continously.
- Place the mixture in the cake tin and bake for about 35 minutes, or until the cake has risen and turned golden. Let the cake cool for an hour in the cake tin.