Chunky Pea Soup
Member recipe by hillaccounting
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 5 shallots, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 celery heart, trimmed and finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 300g/100z frozen peas
- 850 ml/1 1/2 pints veg or chicken stock
- 100g/4oz pea shoots, coarsely chopped, plus a few extra shoots to serve
- 3 large handfuls basil leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium hear, add the shallots, celery and garlic, and cook for 4-5 mins until softened, stirring frequently. Add the leeks, season and cook for 4-5 mins until glossy, stirring occasionally. Stir in the chopped pea shoots and cook for a further min.
- Transfer half the soup to a food processor, add the basil and whizz to a textured puree, then stir this back into the pan with the rest of the soup. Taste for seasoning. Serve with a pea shoot in the middle of each bowl, olive oil drizzled over, and Herby garlic bread or crusty bread on the side.