Sweet potato sausage frittata
Member recipe by tweety_anja
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 454g pack British pork sausages
- 1 sweet potato (about 225g), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 50g baby spinach leaves, roughly sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tbsp snipped chives, plus extra to garnish
- green salad, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large non-stick pan. Add the sausages (no need to prick them) and fry over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning occassionaly, until evenly browned. Remove, drain on kitchen paper and let cool slightly before cutting each one into 5 diagonal slices.
- Wipe out the pan, then pour in the remaining oil and heat up. Tip in the sweet potato and red onion and stir-fry for 10-12 minutes until softened and turning golden. Stir in the spinach for a few seconds (just enough to wilt), then return the sausages to the pan. Preheat the grill to high.
- Beat the eggs, season, pour them into the pan, then scatter over the snipped chives. Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the edges begin to set. Place the pan under the grill for a few more minutes until the top begins to puff up and is lightly browned. Scatter over the remaining snipped chives, and serve with Mozzarella and Semi dried tomatoes and a fresh green salad.