Moist Eggless Chocolate Cake
Member recipe by farizanahmad
I made the cake for my son as he was allergy to eggs. It was a big hit at home. I've shared this recipe with many and they loved it very much.
- 1 cup all Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup hot coffee (1 tsp of coffee in 1/4 cup hot water)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla Extract
- For frosting:
- 3 tbsp soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 170 C. Lightly grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl sift together the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar. Add all the wet ingredients one by one.
- Use a wooden spatula to mix all the ingredients (you can also use an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 2-3 minutes until all ingredients are combined).
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Spread the batter evenly.
- Bake for about 30 min. Insert toothpick in the middle of the cake. Cake is ready if the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely at room temperature before frosting.
- For frosting: In a medium size bowl add all ingredients. On low speed of electric mixer, carefully beat the ingredients until you reach spreadable consistency. Spread the frosting onto the cake and keep it in your fridge at least one hour before serving.