Chicken in red wine
Member recipe by sgt_atkins
- Roasting Chicken
- Lardons 50g
- Small chipolatas 4
- button mushroom 50g
- oil 3 tbsp
- butter 50g
- button onions 12
- red wine 125ml
- brown stock or red wine 500ml
- flour 25g
- Cut the chicken for saute. Blanch the lardons
- Wash and cut the mushrooms into quaters.
- saute the lardons, mushrooms and chipolatas in a mix of butter and oil. remove when cooked.
- Lightly season the pieces of chicken and place in the pan with the onions. saute untill almost cooked. drain off the fat.
- just cover with red wine and brown stock; cover with a lid and finish cooking.
- remove the chicken and onions,place into a clean pan.
- lightly thicken the liquor with a beurre manie from the 25g of butter and 25g flour.
- Pass the sauce over the chicken and onions, add the mushroom, chipolatas and lardons.