white choc & rasp spongecake.
Member recipe by kev540
- 125g Self raising flour,
- 110g golden caster sugar,
- 125g unsalted butter, (softened)
- 100-150g white chocolate. (good quality) chopped into small pieces.
- Half tea spoon of bicarb soda. (optional)
- 1 whole egg plus 1 yolk.
- 100g of ground almonds
- Around 150-200g fresh raspberries
- And some apricot or plum jam for glazing (optional)
- Mix flour, sugar, bicarb soda and almonds briefly.
- Add butter and mix untill soft dough is formed.
- Add the eggs to the mix and work in untill mixed through.
- Fold in the chocolate, you can put either 100 or 150g, how ever chocolatey or not you like.
- Fold in the raspberrys whole, don't wory how much they break as you fold in just try to be gentle at this point.
- Add mix to 20cm x 10cm loaf tin, or as close as you can get, you could use a cake tin if you like and bake at 150 fan oven and I guess around 170 conventional for 45 to 50 mins or until a sharp knife inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 15 mins and then glaze with a thin layer of jam of your choice, you don't have to glaze I just like to. After further 15 Mins serve with warm custard or cream, I prefer the custard. Once the cake has cooked eat it as it is.