Homemade Marzipan Truffles
Member recipe by anndiner
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Truffles
There is nothing more relaxing in the world than scrape the shell the almonds and nothing so yammy than marzipan truffles
- 200 g Whole almonds
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- half tsp cinnamon
- 120 g dark chocolate
- Put almonds in hot water for two minutes, than scrape the shell out of nuts. Whizz the almonds in a food processor until they are finely chopped, then tip into a large bowl.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract and stir it all in almonds, then whizz to a smooth sticky paste.
- Marzipan can take any shape. It's up to you to decide. I prefer roll it into balls.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl set over a small pan of simmering water. Take away and put marzipan one by one in the chocolate, cover it all over and put aside.
- Put in the fridge and cool for 1-2 hours