Morroccan Baked Eggs
Member recipe by madders65
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- olive oil
- 100g chorizo, chopped
- 400g tine plum tomatoes
- chopped coriander
- 4 eggs
- wholewheat pitta bread to serve
- Cook the onion in a little oil until softened. Add the chorizo and cook for a few minutes until its starts to crisp up. Tip in the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes then stir in 1/2 the coriander and season to taste.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Divide the sauce between two oven proof dishes and make a dip in each. Crack the eggs into the dips.
- Put on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until the whites are set and the yolks are how you like them.
- Scatter with coriander and serve with pitta bread.