Baked Sweet Potatoes
Member recipe by mel_d83
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 100g chorizo, sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, seeded and diced
- 100g spinach
- 100g frozen sweetcorn
- 4 tbsp sour cream (optional)
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with the point of a knife and microwave for about 12-15 minutes depending on size.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the red pepper for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add in the chorizo, tomatoes and chilli and fry for a further 1-2 minutes. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Add the sweetcorn and heat through.
- When the potatoes are cooked, cut in half and scoop out a little of the flesh. Mash into the chorizo mixture and pile back into the sweet potato. For an extra touch of luxury, serve topped with a spoonful of sour cream.