Moz-Sandwiches & Anchovy dip
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Sandwiches
- Anchovy sauce:
- 45g anchovy fillets in oil
- 15ml capers, finely chopped
- 30ml olive oil
- 15ml lemon juice
- 12 slices white bread
- 300g mozzarella, cut into slices
- 200ml olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 45ml milk
- 80ml milk
- 250g breadcrumbs
- Cut circles out of the bread with a cookie-cutter or a glass. Place a slice of cheese on 6 of the rounds. Cover with another round and press flat, pinching the sides to form a closed pocket.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pan. Whisk the eggs and 45ml milk together. Dip each sandwich into the 80ml milk. Cover with the breadcrumbs and dip into the egg and milk mixture.
- Fry the sandwiches on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel and serve with the anchovy sauce/dip.
- For the Anchovy sauce: Place the anchovies into a bowel with its oil from the can. Add the rest of the ingredients for the dip, mixing well and using a fork to pull the anchovies apart.