Toffee Cream Tart
Member recipe by shazza59
- 7 inch pastry case ready cooked
- For the filling:
- Quart pint milk
- 60 g margarine
- 40 g brown sugar
- 25 g plain flour
- 75 g golden syrup
- (if no brown sugar use more Golden Syrup)
- 7 inch pastry case ready cooked. Either your own or bought. I tend to buy fresh pastry and line my pie dish and bake blind until cooked. My the ready cooked ones are very sweet & tasty.
- Melt the margarine and sugar, then stir in the flour. Whisk in the hot milk and stir as it thickens and reaches boiling point.
- Keep stirring all the time while you are waiting for the mixture to boil, then cook for 2-3 minutes stirring all the time.
- Remove from the heat, and add the syrup, then whisk the mixture.
- Spread the filling into the flan case and serve hot or place in the fridge to cool & serve with whipped cream or custard, or anything you want, I like it on its own. But I do put grated chocolate on for my grand children.