Member recipe by jul34es
- 200g self raising flour
- 100g lurpak lighter spread
- 75g smoked pancetta
- 4 medium eggs
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 50g parmesan cheese,grated
- ground black pepper
- 6 stems asparagus
- place the flour in a bowl and add the spread.rub the spread into the flour with your finger tips,until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.add 2 tbsp cold water and bring the mixture together into a ball.chill for 10 minutes.
- heat the oven to 200c/180c fan/gas 6.
- roll the pastry out onto a lightly floured surface and line a 9inchx1inch tart loose bottomed tin.chill for 10 minutes.
- blind bake the pastry case for 10 minutes.removethe baking paper and beans and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- dry fry the pancetta strips until crispy and arrange in the bottom of the flan case.
- beat the eggs,creme fraiche and parmesan together.season well with black pepper and pour into pastry case.
- cut the asparagus spears in half and remove the woody stems.fan the spears out on top of the egg mixture.bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.