Member recipe by martyncoup
Classic Italian antipasti with fresh tomato on toasted ciabatta with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Classic Italian food in no time at all.
- 1 ciabatta loaf, cut into 8 slices
- 500g small plum tomatoes
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- Preheat a griddle pan until hot and toast the ciabatta for 3 minutes on each side until brown and crisp. Leave to one side to cool. If you don't have a griddle pan then toasting is fine.
- Quarter the tomatoes and place in a bowl. Add the basil and olive oil and season well. Mix together and cover. Set aside at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Rub the garlic over the bread on both sides after cutting the cloves in halves.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the tomato mixture on top of each slice of bread on a large plate.
- Drizzle remaining juices from the bowl and serve.