Spicy Mexican Cantina Salsa
Member recipe by lauripops
A delicious, authentic Mexican cantina salsa, known as Pico De Gallo in Mexico. A spicy salsa which can be cooled down by taking out the chilli seeds.
- A handful of cherry tomatoes or large chopped tomatoes
- Half a red onion finely chopped
- Half a teaspoon of minced garlic
- One green chilli - with or without seeds depending on taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- A handful of coriander chopped
- Teaspoon of sugar
- For coarse salsa use a pestle and mortar for fine salsa use a food processor - but this is quite a loose salsa I think pestle and mortar works best
- If using the food processor, simply put all ingredients in and whizz
- If using pestle and mortar, simply add all the ingredients and crush. Taste and add more lime, sugar, salt or pepper as desired
- Chill in the fridge until using, this salsa gets better the longer it is left.