Coco Caramel Cupcakes
Member recipe by mamakat
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Cakes
- 50g light muscavado sugar
- 50g molasses, broken up as finely as possible
- 150g caster sugar
- 275g butter
- 250g self-raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 4 eggs, medium
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 500g butter
- 800g icing sugar
- 200g dulce de leche (I use carnation caramel)
- 50ml semi-skimmed milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 & fill baking tins with muffin/cupcake cases
- Mix the butter and all sugars in a stand mixer on medium power until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, waiting until the first is incorperated before adding the next. Add the golden syrup.
- Take the bowl off the mixer and fold in half the dry ingredients. Once fully incorperated add the rest of the dry ingredients and fold in. Finally fold in the milk.
- Fill the cupcake cases no more than 2/3 full and bake for 20-25mins. Check centre cake with a toothpick to make sure all cakes are cooked through. Take out of the baking tin and place on a cooling rack.
- For the icing, mix the butter and icing sugar until sandy in texture. Add the milk and mix. Finally add the dulce de leche and mix until smooth.
- Ice cooled cupcakes as required and top with Malteser