Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled but left whole
- 100ml whole milk
- 450ml double cream
- 1 knob ginger, or preserved ginger in syrup
- 500g parsnips
- 350g carrots
- 350g beetroot
- (Feel free to substitute veggies, I also used potato once)
- Put the garlic in a small pan of boiling water, reduce the heat to simmer for 20 minutes or until very tender. Remove and crush to a puree. Add to a pan with the milk and cream. Chop the ginger finely and add to the pan. Season well, bring just to the boil and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Slice vegetables as thin as possible. Spoon half into a 1 and 1/2 litre dish. Pour over half the cream mixture. Top with the remaining vegetables and the rest of the cream. Press the vegetables down.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours, pressing vegetables down lightly twice. Test the vegetables with a knife to check if they are tender.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest for about 10 minutes before serving.