Red Onion Relish
Member recipe by pollyroo
A delicious vinegar & red onion relish perfect with homemade burgers...
- 2 red onions
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Good quality red wine vinegar (I found a gorgeous French Cabernet Franc red wine vinegar which was so flavoursome)
- Chop the red onions into slices
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the sliced onion to the melted butter
- Fry for a few minutes, then add the brown sugar and red wine vinegar
- Stir and allow to simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent the sugar from burning.
- It should now have reduced to a delicious dark red relish - Serve straight away or pop in a jar and store in the fridge for a later date.