- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
- juice 1 lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthways through the middle
- 1 tbsp harissa
This hot, aromatic paste made from chilli and assorted other spices and herbs is spicy and…
- fat-free natural yogurt and wholemeal pitta bread, to serve
Mix the tomatoes, onion and chickpeas together, stir through the parsley and lemon juice and season.
Coat the chicken with the harissa. Heat a griddle or frying pan or barbecue. Cook the chicken for 3-4 mins each side until lightly charred and cooked through.
Divide the salad between 2 plates, top with the harissa chicken and serve with a dollop of yogurt and warmed pitta bread.
Use up leftover harissaSalmon with harissa crust for 2. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Mix 4 tbsp breadcrumbs with 1 tbsp harissa. Press on top of 2 salmon fillets and bake for 10-12 mins until the crust is golden and the salmon is cooked through. Serve with the chickpea salad and lemon wedges.