Asian style macaroni
Member recipe by xgasoline
Simple and delicious for a midweek dinner, giving to the traditionnal macaroni dish a fresh twist. Plus, since it only requires one big pot or skillet, you save time on cleaning and washing dishes!
- 500g beef or pork mince
- 750g elbows macaroni
- 750ml water
- 200ml soya sauce
- 150g snow peas, ends cut off
- 2 onions, sliced in half rings
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or pot (I use a wok, it's the best for that kind of recipe), brown the onion slices and the garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground meat and cook until it's brown, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the peas snow, the macaroni, the water, the soya sauce and sesame seeds.
- Cover it and simmer at a low-medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionnally, or until the macaroni are soft enough and that the sauce got thicker. Serve.