- 20 raw king prawns
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
Related to the onion (as opposed to being a younger version of it), shallots grow in clusters at…
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, halved, seeded and finely chopped
- 2½ cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stem of lemongrass, tough outer leaves removed, finely chopped
- a good handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- a good handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 100ml/3½ fl oz olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime
The same shape, but smaller than…
Tip all the chopped ingredients into a bowl, add the olive oil along with the lime zest and juice and mix well. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to mingle.
To make fragrant Thai prawns, remove heads and peel shells from 20 raw king prawns but leave tail sections on. Toss in the marinade and cook on a really hot barbecue for 45 seconds on each side until they turn from grey-blue to pink.