Yellow Bean Chicken
Member recipe by jonesey92
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil, or 1-2 sprays of oil
- Chicken breast, in bite-size pieces
- 100g (stir fry) veg (your choice - I like peppers, mushrooms and carrots)
- Handful of cashew nuts, optional
- For the sauce
- 40g yellow bean sauce (such as Amoy's - try Asian stores)
- 2 tsp (low salt) soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Approx 100ml water
- To serve
- Boiled (wholegrain) basmati rice, or egg noodles
- Heat your oil or oil sprays in a wok or frying pan on medium heat. When hot enough, add the chicken and stir fry till browned all over.
- Add the veg and cook for about 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the yellow bean and soy sauces, and rice wine vinegar in a little jug. Then stir enough water to give a nice thin sauce, though you could use less if you like thicker, stickier sauces.
- Pour the sauce into the wok and toss the chicken and veg around till it is well mixed in. Cook for about another 5 mins till the chicken is cooked, and the veg is tender but still with a little crunch
- Toss in some cashew nuts if you like them, and stir then through the veg for a minute to heat through.
- Serve with rice or egg noodles - why not try making some egg fried rice for a real Chinese feast?