Spicy Bean Burgers
Member recipe by sarah_clk
Cheep and cheerful recipe suitable for vegetarians but loved by meat eaters too!
- 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tin of kidney beans, drained
- 1 slice of bread
- 1/2 onion
- 3-4 small mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder or a few drops of tabasco sauce
- Fresh corriander
- To Serve
- 4-6 bread rolls
- Blitz the bread and fresh corriander together to make breadcrumbs.
- In a blender put the beans with the breadcrumbs and egg. Blend together but leave chunky.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients until combined. Dust hands with flour and shape mixture in to burger shapes. This mixture makes 4 VERY large burgers or 6 smaller ones.
- Fry burgers in a pan, on a medium heat until brown and hot all the way through.
- Serve burgers in a bread bun with ketchup and salad. Lovely with potato wedges too.