Member recipe by the_edventure
- 5 - 6 grenadillas
- 6 eggs seperated
- 185 g castor sugar
- 1/2 teasp. finely grated lemon rind
- 3 tablesp. lemon juice
- 3 teasp. gelatine
- 1 1/4 cups whipped cream
- Cut passionfruit in half, scoop out the pulp, add to sugar and egg yolks, lemon rind and juice and beat well.
- Sprinkle gelatine over 1/2 cup of water in a small bowl and leave until spongy.
- Place bowl in a pan of just boiled water ( the water should come half way up the bowl ) and stir until dissolved.
- Add the gelatine to the passionfruit and eggs, fold in the beaten egg whites and the whipped cream.
- Pour into champagne glasses or dessert bowl and chill for approx. 4 hours, decorate with chocolate shavings or lemon zest.