Pint Pot Meze
Member recipe by anastasiavasileiou
- 1 kg pork fillet cut in small cubes
- ÃÂ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes grated to give a cup of thick tomato juice
- 1 cup red wine
- 7-8 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano or use Herb Blend for Pork
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a thick frying pan and slightly sautÃÂ© the onions and garlic. Add the pork and sautÃÂ© until a light brown colour (about 5 minutes), turning on both sides.
- Pour in the red wine, stir and cover the pan so that the aroma of the wine combines with the meat.
- When the wine is evaporated (in about 4 minutes) add the tomato juice, the Tabasco and the dried herbs (oregano or pork blend), salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat down and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes until the meat is tender and you have a thick sauce.