From My Farm Brunch Salad
Member recipe by mustardcomms
From My Farm only supplies the freshest, seasonal produce farmed in the same area in which it is sold. The fresher fruit and veg is the more nutrition packed it will be, and with From My Farm you can cut your food miles too. Check out www.frommyfarm.co.uk.
- 200g/7oz From My Farm purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed and washed
- 4 rashers back bacon, rind removed
- 2 large eggs
- For the dressing:
- 60ml/4tbsp rapeseed oil
- 15ml/1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 15ml/1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 5ml/1tsp Dijon mustard
- 2.5ml/1/2tsp caster sugar
- 30ml/2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty bread to serve
- Bring one large and one small pan of water to the boil. Add a pinch of salt to the large pan, add the broccoli, then simmer for 5mins or until the stem is tender when tested.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing: place the oil, vinegars, mustard and sugar in a small jug. Whisk together with a fork, then season to taste.
- Cook the bacon on a hot griddle, or under the grill for 4-5mins, turning once until cooked to your liking. And whilst this cooks, use a slotted spoon to gently lower the eggs into the small pan of boiling water and leave to simmer for 4-5mins.
- Drain the broccoli in a colander, then arrange on a large plate. Whisk the parsley into the dressing and pour over the broccoli.
- Drain the eggs, rinse in cold water, then peel away the egg shells. Pop the bacon on top of the broccoli, then the eggs, splitting them so the egg yolk runs over the broccoli. Serve straight away with plenty of crusty bread to mop up the dressing and egg yolk.