Berries for breakfast
Member recipe by katleyn
- 5 tbsp of frozen berries
- Handful of sultanas (or other dried fruit if you like)
- 2 ready-to-eat dried figs, stalks removed, chopped
- 3 tbsp low-fat natural greek style yogurt
- Sprinking of desiccated coconut
- OPTIONAL - sprinkling of artificial sweetner, e.g. Splenda
- Put the berries in the microwave to defrost.
- Put the sultanas/dried fruit and the figs in your breakfast bowl.
- When the berries are done tip them into your bowl too.
- Add the yogurt.
- Top off with coconut and the optional sweetner - I find that this is sweet enough for me in the mornings, but if you need an extra kick the sweetner works really well.
- Alternatively I've found that apples work really well with this too - miss out the berries and chop up an apple instead, and try using ground almonds instead of coconut (or both if you like!!)