Chorizo & Bean Medley
Member recipe by charlenechp
- 1 onion
- 1 tin kidney beans (Chilli beans can also be used)
- 1 tin tomatos
- Chorizo sausage
- Handful of peas
- Cherry tomatoes
- Tsp wholegrain mustard
- Chipolta sausages (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200, dice up the onion and put into an oven-proof dish.
- Slice up the chorizo and fry for a couple of minutes until its nicely coloured. Drain and put into the dish with the onion.
- Drain kidney beans and put in the dish with the tomatoes. Pop in the peas and whole cherry tomatoes.
- Stir in the mustard and mix it all up.
- Cover with foil and place in the centre of the oven. Cook for 40 minutes, stiring occaisionally. Remove the foil and cook for a further 20 minutes so the sauce thickens slightly.
- You can add chipolata sausages, just brown them off in the pan when you fry the chorizo and pop them in the dish for a filling dish.
- Serve with roasted seasonal veg or some honeyed carrots and parsnips.