Member recipe by perspex_pixie
Alternative high protein option-like a wrap! Taken from: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/skinny-omelette-recipe.html
- 2 large (preferably organic) eggs
- 1 tiny pinch of fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- 1 dollop of pesto
- 1 bit of goat cheese or feta
- 1 small handful of mixed salad greens
- Swirl thin layer of beaten egg into a pan
- sprinkle eggs with chives and let it cook (around 15 seconds)
- Run a spatula underneath the omelette and slide it out of the pan (flat) onto a countertop, large cutting board
- Spread the pesto across the surface of the omelette (if you have a thick pesto, thin it a bit with water to make it easily spreadable), and then sprinkle with the cheese and salad greens.
- Starting with one end, roll the omelette away from you. Cut in half on a deep diagonal. Season with a bit more salt if needed and serve garnished with a few chopped chives.