Member recipe by carolbann
Mozzarella and Parmesan melt over breaded chicken swimming in spaghetti sauce in this timeless Italian classic
- 1 egg, beaten
- 55 g dry bread crumbs
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large jar spaghetti sauce (450-500g)
- 55 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 20 g grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (Fan oven to 180 degrees C/gas mark 4). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- Pour egg into a small shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken into egg, then into the bread crumbs. Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce into a baking dish. Place chicken over sauce, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top and return to the preheated oven for 20 minutes.