Coleslaw for a Crowd
Member recipe by fairystoryteller
Tasty version of a classic salad - great for a buffet. Simple, nutritious and lower in fat than many recipes.
- 200g pot of reduced fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 level tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 rounded tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise from a jar
- 1 small white cabbage
- 4 medium sized carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, grated or chopped very finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the yoghurt, mustard and mayonnaise in a bowl to make the dressing.
- Using a big sharp knife split the cabbage into quarters from top to bottom and then remove the tough core and any outer leaves that look tired. Now shred into tiny strips using the knife or the slicing blade of a food processor if you have one.
- Put the cabbage, carrot and onion into a large mixing bowl, add the dressing and stir well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste but go easy on the salt as the mustard gives the salad a good flavour.
- Serve with cold meats, quiches and cheeses as part of a buffet. Leftovers are good with sandwiches for lunch the next day.