- 50g light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- good splash of Tabasco sauce
- 200g pack cooked and peeled prawn
There are thousands of different species of prawn, but tiger, king and North Atlantic are the…
- 2 soft sub or hot dog roll
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, shredded
- finger-length chunk of cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ avocado, peeled, stoned and finely chopped
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- juice of 1 lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- small handful of cress
- small bag of prawn cocktail crisps, to serve
Mix the mayonnaise and ketchup together. Add the Tabasco and some seasoning, and stir through the prawns. Slice the rolls as you would for a hot dog, and spoon in the prawns.
Mix the avocado with a little lemon juice (to stop it browning), then mix with the lettuce, cucumber, cress and a little more lemon juice. Serve with the subs, some prawn cocktail crisps and extra Tabasco (for those who want it).