- 4 salmon fillets (about 125g each), boned and skinned
- 1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 100g green bean, trimmed
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into slices
- 2 shallots, very thinly sliced and broken into rings
Related to the onion (as opposed to being a younger version of it), shallots grow in clusters at…
- handful mint or coriander leaves
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- 50g toasted desiccated coconut
- 1 thumb-sized red chilli, thinly sliced
For the dressing
Heat the grill. Place the salmon, skin-side up, on a foil-lined tray, season well and rub the sugar on top. Grill for about 10 mins until cooked through.
Meanwhile, blanch the beans in boiling water for 1 min, drain, rinse in cold water and drain again. Arrange on 4 plates, then add the mango and shallots.
Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Break the salmon into a few pieces over each plate. Add the mint or coriander leaves, coconut and chilli to each. Pour over the dressing and serve with a lime wedge.