- 140g artichoke in olive oil, drained
- pinch of chilli flakes
- small handful mint leaves
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- zest ½ lemon
Oval in shape with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile…
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 large or 4 small slices of crusty bread
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 50g pecorino, thinly sliced (or vegetarian alternative)
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Halve or quarter the artichokes, if whole, and put them in a bowl with the chilli flakes, mint, zest and oil. Season lightly with salt and set aside.
Put the bread on a baking sheet and scatter over the garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt. Bake for 10 mins, or until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool.
Fold the pecorino through the marinated artichokes and spoon over the garlic bruschetta just before eating.