Member recipe by themaster1305
A light and tastey roll wich is good for a pudding or a party snake
- 2 eggs
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g self raising flour
- strawberrt jam
- put oven on 180c. put shelf near the top of the oven.
- line a swiss rool tin 16 by 28cm, with greaseproof paper. grease the pape4r. sieve the the flour onto a plate .
- whisk the eggs and sugar untill thick. gently fold in the flour using a metal spoon. pour into the tin.
- bake for 8 - 10 mins, untill gloden brown and firm. DO NOT OVERCOOK, or it will break when you try to roll it up.
- while the cake is baking, spread the extra suger over a greasproof paper. place a sharp knife and a palette knife beside the paper. wram the jam, in microwave for 20 secs.
- when the swiss roll is cooked tip it onto the suger paper. peel off the lining paper trim the edges of the swiss roll.
- spread quickly with the warm jam then roll it up, using the paper to help you cool on a wire rack.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…