- 100g bag mixed rocket, spinach and watercress salad
Rocket is a very 'English' leaf, and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times. It…
- 2 avocados, peeled, stoned and cut into chunks
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- 50g ready-made croûton (or make your own)
For the dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar, any type
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Make the dressing by whisking the mustard, vinegar and oil together, along with 1tsp water. Season well.
Place the salad leaves and avocado chunks in a large bowl, then use your hands to toss the dressing through. Add the croutons just before serving so they stay nice and crisp.