- 2 tbsp soy sauce
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- knob root ginger, peeled and shredded
- 1 lime, ½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 250g pack firm tofu, drained
- 2 sheets medium egg noodle
- 1 tsp vegetable or sunflower oil
A variety of oils can be used for baking. Sunflower is the one we use most often at Good Food as…
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 tbsp toasted peanut, crushed
- 1 fat red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
Mix the soy sauce, ginger and lime juice in a dish, then add the tofu. Leave to marinate for 5 mins, turning once. Boil the noodles for 4 mins, or according to pack instructions, then drain and cool.
Dry the tofu on kitchen paper. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry tofu for 3 mins on each side until golden. Cut into cubes.
To serve, mix the noodles, chilli, cucumber, tofu and the marinade in a bowl. Toss, then serve with lime wedges and peanuts.