Member recipe by lorenzen
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Pieces
Coconut macaroons as I remember them from childhood. An incredibly simple-to-make sweet treat and an excellent way to make something special from left over egg whites.
- 3-4 sheets of rice paper
- 100g dessicated coconut
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 (medium-sized) egg whites
- 1tbsp plain plour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 75g dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 160C/fan. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and then the rice paper
- Mix the dessicated coconut, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla extract and egg whites togther in a bowl. The mixture should be 'gloopy' and sticky.
- Spoon the mixture into rounded 'dollops' onto the rice paper and cook in the oven, on the middle shelf, for 14-16 minutes until the macaroons are lightly golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a bain-marie or in the microwave, then drizzle over the macaroons.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…