How to make the best mac ‘n’ cheese:
- Add 350g macaroni or pasta spirals to boiling water. Cook for approx 8 mins.
- Break 50g baguette into small pieces. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp melted butter. Season.
- Bake at 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 for 6 mins.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a pan. Add 1 finely chopped garlic clove and 1 tsp English mustard powder. Cook for 1 min more.
- Stir in 3 tbsp plain flour. Gradually add 500ml full-fat milk. Whisk continuously until thick. Take off the heat.
- Add 250g grated mature cheddar and 25g grated parmesan. Add the cooked pasta, season well and mix together.
- Tip into an oven dish and top with the baked baguette. Top with another 25g grated parmesan.
- Bake at 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 for 20 mins. Serve and enjoy.
See the full recipe for our best ever macaroni cheese.